Spring Hill Real Estate Information

A growing community split between Maury and Williamson counties in the central part of the state, Spring Hill, Tennessee, lies about 30 miles south of Nashville. The community has grown from having a population of just over 7,000 at the 2000 census to having more than 23,000 residents at estimates taken in 2007. The community makes up an area of more than 17 square miles and its residents have an annual median household income of more than $60,000.

The area was originally home to Indian tribes like the Choctaw, Cherokee, Chickasaw, Creek and Shanwee. The town was first settled by Europeans in 1808. The community is the site of a Civil War battle, now known as the Battle of Spring Hill, which was fought November 29, 1864. Until 2007, the community was home to a Saturn Corporation production facility that opened in 1990 and produced various Saturn vehicles. The plant was shut to be retooled to make another line of GM vehicles in 2007 and opened in 2008, but since GM's bankruptcy filing in 2009, the plant has been idled. Most of the industry in town consists today of retail trade and manufacturing, and the city was recognized by the Tennessee Center for Policy Research as “The Most Business Friendly City” in 2007.

The nearest hospital to Spring Hill is nine miles away in Franklin, and the community lies within convenient access of Interstate 65 via Saturn Parkway and State Route 840. Maury County has one public elementary school, one middle school, one high school, and one private elementary. Williamson County has four elementary schools, one middle and one high school. The Spring Hill Public Library provides a wealth of media and research materials to residents. Currently plans are being developed for a new 56-bed hospital and emergency room facility to be built in the future.

Attractions include Bark Park, Evans Park with the Pete Boyd Recreation Complex and Harvey Park. Several historic homes can be visited today: the Sherwood Mansion; the Cheairs Mansion, built by Martin Cheairs in 1854; White Hall, built in 1844; the McKissack Home, built in 1845; and Oaklawn, built in 1835.